crash on opening mp3 "album" (mi1 v3.30)

Please let us know what bugs you found

crash on opening mp3 "album" (mi1 v3.30)

Postby eye2i2hear » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:46 am

I picked up an mp3 " (album) " file, which appears to be a single mp3 file.
When I tried to open it with mi1 (makeitone) I got an error msg (that I assume is a .NET msg?) about the option to try to continue using the program or go ahead and have it close (aka crash). I clicked the option to try to continue but all the options in the mi1 window were grayed out and I wound up having to shut it down anyway.

I checked trying to open it with ALBW and with Alba Extractor; both reported via simple popup windows that it was an "unknown format" etc.
I played the file in mp3DirectCut where it opens & plays fine and appears to be a single rip of the album into one large mp3 (file size approx 92meg) .

I simply wanted to point this out to make sure it wasn't simply a mi1 bug that could be fixed (so that if the competitors programs don't crash trying it, they'd have a bit of an edge here).

my sys basics:
Win XP SP2
.NET versions 2.0 & 3.0
eye2i2hear

Postby makeitone » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:07 pm

the same dialog that allows you to "continue" has another option to view the "details" of the error. Please post the stack trace that you see in the details.

Depending on the information you post the error may be obvious, if not I may need access to the mp3 that causes the error.
makeitone

Return to B u g s