Windows Media Player 10 Problem

Please let us know what bugs you found

Windows Media Player 10 Problem

Postby Mixx » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:12 am

Hi,

even though I can play the MakeItOne Album files with all the players I have access to (incl. MediaMonkey), they do not play with Windows Mediaplayer 10, which is the default on my computer. This is a big surprise to me and I do not see it discussed here in the forum.

Can someone please comment?

Thanks,

Mixx
Mixx

WMP10

Postby makeitone » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:34 pm

Hi Mixx,

You are either alone or in a very small minority. WMP is usually no more or less unforgiving than any mp3 player. Perhaps you can give some more details:
- which version of MakeitOne are you using (v3.03 is the latest)
- do you have any unusual language/regional settings
- any special audio codecs installed

maybe you can provide a sample album that is causing problems. If the problem can be replicated here and there is a bug, hopefully it can be fixed.

thanks
makeitone

Postby Mixx » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:11 pm

Hi,

I have a suspicion: if the mp3 files contain diacritical marks in their tags (such as the name "André", notice the last character with an acute accent), the album does not play. I took the SAME file, but changed the artist's name into "Andre" in the tags and it PLAYS.

Changing just the filename does not help, the tag has to be changed.

Now, is that a discovery?!

Mixx
Mixx

UTF8

Postby makeitone » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:38 am

Hi Mixx,

Happy that you found the difference in the naming. I still need to know which version of MakeitOne you are using.

Since v2.07b all strings are stored using UTF8 encoding to ensure that nothing is lost in packing/unpacking. Although Winamp and WMP10 are not decoding these strings correctly (André becomes André), the files play OK.

thanks
makeitone

Postby Mixx » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:01 pm

Oh, I'm sorry: it's v3.03 that I'm using.
Mixx

Return to B u g s